Understanding the Corporate Kit
Also known as “record keeping 101” the corporate kit is a must have for new corporations and LLC formations
One of the most important things a company must do to stay in compliance and good standing is to keep required records. After a corporation or LLC (Limited Liability Company) has been formed, important documentation of company procedure and general operation must be maintained and our corporate kit provides everything you need for those initial record keeping requirements and beyond.
Our corporate kits are the highest quality record keeping binders, personalized with company name, and include boiler-plate (standardized) bylaws and operating agreements, minutes and resolutions, and share certificates or member certificates (for LLC), and a hand press corporate seal.
In addition to the items provided in the kit, you should also add these basic records as well:
- Company Formation Documents (Certificate of Incorporation/Articles of Incorporation, Certificate of Formation/Articles of Organization)
- Registration documents from other states in which the company is registered (i.e. Foreign Registration/Foreign Qualification/Application for Authority/Certificate of Authority)
- Subsequent filing documents such as amendments, mergers, change of agent filings, stock designation filings, etc.
- Minutes of a Meeting – This is especially important to meet the requirements for corporation record keeping
- Bylaws (for corporations) or Operating Agreements (for LLCs)
- Share Certificates & Share Registry (for corporations) or Member Certificates & Member Registry (for LLCs)
- Tax ID Assignment Letter from the IRS
- Resolutions of the company (authorization of company actions)
- Any other documents the company deems necessary to include in their corporate records for safe keeping and future reference (e.g. sales or vendor contracts, property deeds/acquisition documentation, lease agreements, etc.)
While we encourage you to order a corporate kit at the time of formation to ensure you have the ready-made storage for the corporate documents we’ll provide when the formation is completed, you can always order the corporate kit at a later date via our online corporate kit order form.
Questions? Contact us – we are always happy to be of service to you! 800-318-7407 – firstname.lastname@example.org