Legalized Documents FAQs

CorpCo provides legalization services for countries that are not party to the Hague Convention (those that do not accept the apostille for legalization). For those countries, it is necessary to have the documents authenticated by the US Department of State and further legalized by the local consulate of the country to which the documents will be sent. Types of documents often requested to be legalized:
  • Certificate or Articles of Incorporation
  • Good Standing Certificates
  • Annual Reports or other documents reflecting corporate information
An apostille is a form of authentication that can be included with a good standing certificate or other certified document for use in a country that is party to the Hague Convention. The apostille authenticates the person who has officiated the certificate to which it is attached, making the document acceptable for use in the country specified. CorpCo provides services to obtain apostilles on state records and other corporate documents.